Watching MLB.TV, MLB Audio, and MLB Network
Live or archived MLB.TV games
To access MLB.TV live or on-demand content, tap on the "TV" icon in the upper left of any of the tabs. Select the ".TV" button to see a listing of available MLB.TV games. You can scroll to previous dates using the left and right arrows. Tap on a game to select from the game feeds available.
MLB Audio is only available during live games and will allow you to listen to the home or away radio broadcast without blackouts. MLB Gameday Audio archives are not available on mobile devices but can be accessed with your subscription on a PC/Mac computer. Live MLB Audio can be accessed by tapping on the "headphones" icon in the upper right of many of the sections. Tapping the back arrow while a stream is playing will continue playing the audio in the background and allow you to continue using the app. MLB Audio does not broadcast pre-game or post-game content. You may experience silence during these periods, as well as during rain delays or commercials.
Subscribers of participating Pay TV providers offering the MLB Network will have the ability to watch MLB Network content through the MLB app after successfully authenticating with their Pay TV username and password. MLB Network content can be accessed by navigating to the "More" tab in the MLB app and tapping on "MLB Network." Tapping on the "play" icon will initiate the feed; upon first launch, you will be required to enter your Pay TV username and password.
If you are experiencing an issue with your Pay TV username and password, you are informed that you are not authorized for the content, or your Pay TV provider is not listed or does not offer the MLB Network, please contact your Pay TV provider directly.
Viewing with Chromecast
The MLB app supports the ability to cast highlights and other video on demand content as well as archived MLB.TV content to a Chromecast device.Cast Requirements: Both your mobile and the Chromecast device MUST be connected to the same Wifi network to utilize this feature.
Please ensure that you have the latest version of the MLB app and iOS operating system as well as the latest Chromecast firmware or you may be unable to utilize the feature. If you are experiencing difficulty with Chromecast setup or connectivity, please navigate to https://support.google.com/chromecast for support information or contact Google directly. While the MLB app will be updated automatically for most devices, you may need to manually apply the updates from the device App Store. If your Chromecast has not updated to the latest firmware, please leave your Chromecast powered on overnight. The firmware build will be pushed and the device will reboot itself when it has the new firmware.
Casting from MLB app to a Chromecast device can be controlled by tapping on the Chromecast icon within the MLB app in the upper left of the application or while viewing a feed.
Apple Watch Support
With your Apple Watch and supported Apple mobile device, you will have access to breaking news, notifications, player cards and Gameday Pitch-by-Pitch. Configuration of favorite teams and push notifications will be completed through the MLB app on your Apple mobile device. You can configure which notifications are pushed to the Apple Watch from the Apple Watch app on your mobile device.
Push notifications will be displayed upon receipt; lowering the wrist or tapping the "Dismiss" button will dismiss a notification. If a favorite team has been configured, the glance will display game information for the team. If a favorite team has not been configured, the glance will display information about the first game from the scoreboard.
Upon initial launch of the watch app, if you have selected a favorite team, you will be presented with that team's view. Long pressing on that view will allow you to view the complete scoreboard or view other team views. Tapping on a scoreboard entry will display the game view along with news and access to player cards. If a favorite team has not been selected, you will be presented with the scoreboard view on initial launch where you can access the game view or team views.
MLB app "Settings" can be accessed by tapping on the "More" tab and then "Settings" in the upper right.
The MLB Account setting allows a user to log in with their registered MLB email and password. MLB Audio and MLB.TV subscribers who have connected a purchase to their MLB account will use this option to view live and on-demand games.
The MLB app can deliver push notifications to your device during the season if enabled. See the "Subscribing to Push Notifications" section for additional information on subscribing and managing your push notifications.
Connect Purchase to MLB
A major benefit of connecting your Apple iTunes purchase to an MLB account is being able to access the purchase across your compatible devices. You will have an opportunity to connect your purchase to an MLB account after making the purchase, or it can be completed at a later time. You can only connect an Apple iTunes purchase to one MLB account. If you connect the purchase to a second MLB account, the first account will lose all entitlements.
Tap on "Connect Purchase to MLB" and log in with your registered MLB account email and password or register for a new account.
Setting to "Off" will prevent the screen from going dark while the application is open; this is useful when using Gameday or watching video.
Slide the toggle to "On" or "Off" to enable or disable the hide scores functionality
Shake to Toggle
Slide the toggle to "On" or "Off" to enable the functionality to hide scores by shaking the device
Viewing Team Information
In order to view a specific team's news, highlights, schedule, ticketing, standings and roster, you will want to access their Team Page. You can also configure a "Favorite Team" which will create an additional tab for quick access to this information.
Viewing Team Information Without a "Favorite Team(s)" Defined
- Tap on "More" tab
- Tap on "Teams"
- Tap on a team
Viewing Team Information With a "Favorite Team(s)" Defined
- Tap on "Favorite Team" tab
- Tap on the "Team name" in the top center
- Tap on a team (This will not change your Favorite Team selections; it will only update the tab)
Setting a "Favorite Team"
- Tap on the "More" button
- Tap on "Teams"
- Tap on the "Edit" button in the upper right.
- Tap on the green "+" sign to add a favorite or the red "-" sign followed by "Delete" to remove a favorite
- The top-most team will appear on the "Favorite Team" tab. Teams can be ordered by tapping on the "tri-bar" icon on the right and dragging up and down.
- Tap "Done" when finished
Managing a "Favorite Team"
- From the "Favorite Team" tab, tap on the "Team name" in the top center
- Tap on the "Edit" button in the upper right
- Make any desired changes
- Tap "Done" when finished
Home Screen Icon for Favorite Team
The MLB app has the ability to create one or more "Favorite Team" shortcuts on the home screen of your Apple device. These shortcuts will open the MLB app directly to the Favorite Team tab that you want to view.
- Tap on "More" tab.
- Tap on "Teams."
- Tap on "Edit."
- Tap on the "gear" icon next to a team.
- Tap on the "Set Home Screen Icon."
- Tap on your preferred team icon.
- To revert, tap on "Reset to MLB."
Subscribing to Push Notifications
During initial launch, if a Favorite Team is selected, you will be prompted to choose which notifications you would like to enable.
MLB app users can choose from MLB News, Team News, Game Start, Game End, Score Change and Lead Change.
Ensure notifications are enabled at the operating system level (Required)
- From the device home screen, tap on "Settings."
- Tap on "Notification Center."
- Scroll down and tap on MLB app.
Configure notifications to your preference.
Set the alert style to "Banners" or "Alerts."
Banners will appear across the top of your device screen and quickly disappear; alerts will overlay the screen and require an acknowledgement.
Enabling "Sounds" will play a sound when a notification is received
"Show in Notification Center" will display notifications when viewing your notification center by swiping down from the top of your screen; you can also configure how many notifications you would like to see.
"Show on Lock Screen" will allow you to view notifications from the device lock screen and notification center.
Configuring Push Notifications in the MLB App
- Navigate to the "More" tab, tap on "Settings" in the upper right and tap on "Notifications."
- Ensure Notifications toggle is set to "On."
- The "News" option will include league-wide events such as no-hitters or record challenges.
- Tap on a team.
- Tap "Enable All" or "Disable All" to globally manage notifications or toggle each notification individually.
- Game Start - Notification when a game begins.
- Lead Change - Notification when a lead change occurs.
- Score Change - Notification when a scoring play occurs.
- Game End - Notification when a game concludes.
- Condensed Game - Notification when a condensed game is available for viewing.
- Video Highlight - Notification when a video highlight is available for viewing.
- News - Notification of a team-specific event.
Subscribing or Unsubscribing from a Team Calendar
The MLB app allows you to overlay a team's complete schedule onto your native Apple calendar application.
Subscribing with No "Favorite Team(s)" Defined
- From within the MLB app, tap on the "More" tab.
- Tap on "Teams" from the list.
- Tap on the team you're wishing to subscribe to.
- Tap on "Schedule."
- Tap on the "Subscribe" icon in the upper right of the screen.
- When the process has completed, you may "View Events" to open the calendar or tap "Done" to return to the MLB app.
Subscribing with "Favorite Team(s)" Defined
- Tap on "Favorite Team" tab.
- Tap on a team.
- Tap on "Download."
- To view TV providers in your area, enter your Zip Code, or simply skip this step.
- Select your calendar (Google or Apple).
- From the Apple device home screen, tap on the "Settings" icon.
- Scroll down to "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" and tap.
- Tap on "Subscribed Calendars."
- Tap on the calendar you would like to unsubscribe from.
- Tap on "Delete Account" and tap a second time to confirm.
You May Like Also